As a Regional Sales Representative with Cook & Boardman, you must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, a strong sense of integrity and outstanding organizational and time management skills. You must be able to lead the development and management of your territory, execute a sales strategy and develop and maintain critical relationships. You must also be a self-starter and problem solver who keeps the customers’ best interest at heart. This position conducts sales calls on existing and potential customers, generally General Contractors. You must possess or develop a working knowledge of our key products, including Doors, Hardware, and Access Control equipment. Although our focus is on negotiated bids for construction projects, there are also opportunities to participate in public bid processes. We can support you in the development and management of bids and projects, although competence in those areas would be an advantage.
- Develop a sales strategy with local GC’s
- Identify opportunities to negotiate or bid work
- Thorough follow up on pending proposals
- Maintain a presence in the field where we have work in progress. Attend project meetings to ensure proper execution
- Participate in the bid preparation meetings
- Maintain relationships with the Architectural firms in the market providing spec writing services for upcoming projects
- All other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of related sales experience; specific Door, Hardware, and Access Control Knowledge required.
- Strong Customer Relations skills
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Industry knowledge or general contractor relationships will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow-up and close sales opportunities
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to move freely on jobsites, able to access upper level floors under construction etc.
This job requires maintaining an office within the unit.. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Will require driving to GC offices, Architect offices, & project sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.