Supervise team of laborers that will pre-install hardware on doors & hardware using impact & cordless drills, skill saws, grinders, belt sanders, routers, jig saws, but not limited to other power tools.
- Supervise laborers including
- Train employees on best practices for safety and efficiency.
- Provide Quality Control
- Tool box topics
- Work Directly with Install Manager / Operations Managers to determine priority
- Oversee use tools properly to insure safety and protect quality of doors and hardware
- Oversee prepping of doors to receive hardware
- Undercut doors with skill saw as needed
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges to ensure conformance with specifications
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers and rulers
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required
- Analyze drawings, sketches, work orders and material safety data sheets to plan layout and assembly
- Oversee packing and crating of materials for local delivery or LTL Freight
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to lift/carry 25-50 lbs. frequently
- Experience using power tools, such as saws, drills, etc.
- Industry experience with installation of building materials preferred
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong math skills, communication skills, problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
- Ability to determine what type of tool and equipment are needed for a job
Spends majority of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.