Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
Counter Sales Representative
Responsible for product sales to General Contractor field representatives, facility owners and light commercial contractors. A qualified applicant should have estimating and sales experience with commercial frames, doors, and hardware and specialty products.
- Estimating from blueprints
- Meet planned sales and margin expectations
- Coordinate sales of assigned accounts monitoring product and delivery needs
- Represent the company knowledgeably and professionally
- Provide solutions to customers relating to material procurement, distribution and application
- Perform bid reviews to insure we are priced profitably and competitively
- Conduct telemarketing calls at slow periods to proactively look for new business
- Facilitate customer relations between all branch location departments and customer
- Assists if needed in collection of accounts receivable
- Estimates materials from information provided by counter customer when needed
- Prepares and inputs orders as needed and researches and orders special products as necessary
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience with doors, frames and hardware industry
- Knowledge of Comsense
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office products required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk; and use hands and arms to reach and lift.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]