Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
The Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist will be responsible for assisting with successful collection of Commercial Accounts Receivable and enforcement of agreed-upon payment terms. This role will have interaction with internal and external customers to secure payment of past due receivables and documenting any issues which may be delaying payment. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience in related field.
- Commercial Collections experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially- Excel.
- High attention to detail, self-starter and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a dynamic team.
- Reconcile AR payments to customer accounts and resolve disputes.
- Commercial collections.
- Coordinate and work with the sales team as necessary to collect all monies owed.
- Enforce collection policies and agreed upon payment terms with customers.
- Maintain accurate records and status on collections.
- Prepare customer refunds for Accounting Manager’s approval.
- Process credit card payments.
- Upload credit card receipts to third party website.
- Prepare and mail customer statements.
- Participate in the review AR aging reports.
- Be the backup for the Receptionist.
- Process miscellaneous invoices.
- Compile and request Lien Waivers for all Contract jobs.
- Compile and request Certificates of Insurance.
- Special Projects.
- Other relative duties as assigned
This position is primarily sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; stand; walk; and reach or lift using hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]