The Rebar Shop Laborer must follow the daily work instructions received by the Rebar Shop Manager in a timely and safe manner. Laborers are responsible for daily cleanup and maintenance of equipment, vehicles, and trailers. Rebar Shop Laborers must load and unload rebar as requested, and then report back to the Rebar Shop Manager for additional tasks.
- Perform simple to moderately complex bending and loading operations
- Work closely with rebar bending machine operators, crane operators and shear operators to assist them in the performance of duties as instructed
- Attend training classes when offered
- Work in a safe manner
- Notify shop/production manager if tools and equipment are not in proper working order
- Attend mandatory meetings as scheduled
- Other relative duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Current and valid US driver’s license preferred
- At least 1 year prior experience in a fast paced production/manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of warehouse manufacturing
- Must be able to work as a team and at times independently
- Must be able to follow directions
- Work in a fast-paced environment, completing multiple duties with accuracy, shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Exercise sound judgment, work independently and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Must have basic hand and power tools including: hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and cordless drills
- Knowledge of proper safety practices when handling products, tools and power equipment
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively read and use a tape measure
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to report to work on time
Must be able to stand and walk for much of the day. Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds.
Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.