Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
The assistant project manager efficiently processes commercial construction projects to satisfy customer's material, schedule, and our internal financial requirements.
- To assist the project team in ordering material in a timely manner in order to meet the construction schedule
- Communicates effectively with customers verbally and in writing
- Follow-up correspondence in writing (email primarily)
- Responsive to returning phone calls in a timely manner
- Communicate with factories and suppliers
- Communicate with installation subcontractors
- Coordinate and monitor subcontractor performance
- Identifies and processes all changes per the customer's direction and as required
- Prepares direct entry sales orders
- Produces fabrication work orders
- Assists in collection effort where applicable
- Coordinates project submittal process
- Visit to job site as required
- Provide close-out documents as required
- Other relative duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Current and valid US driver’s license preferred
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Functional and working knowledge of computers
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Winning attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Professional and polished in both appearance and speech
- Good mathematical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require driving to project sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]