Director of Business Development - Advertising
Do you have a passion for streaming video, big data analytics and a desire to help the world’s greatest media & advertising companies leverage the power of data to transform their business?
Conviva is the market leader in real time video measurement, analytics and big data machine learning. We monitor 100 billion video views on more than 3 billion devices for 200 million viewers worldwide.
We help our customers, the world’s leading publishers, media companies, sports teams and leagues, to optimize experience and viewer engagement in order to drive incremental revenue through advertising and subscription. Additionally, we have now launched additional analytic products focused on helping our customers maximize their Content, Advertising and Social initiatives. This NY based position will focus on helping expand our Advertising & Social Analytics products into new verticals such as agencies, brands, marketing technology companies and trading desks.
The Director of Business Development will lead the business development efforts for Conviva’s advertising solutions with brands, agencies, and publishers. Conviva’s advertising solutions provides advertising and audience measurement across CTV and mobile devices. This person’s primary focus will be to evangelize Conviva’s advertising solutions with innovative brands and media agencies, establish strategic partner relationships across the advertising technology ecosystem, and work closely with the Conviva’s product team to develop Conviva’s advertising solutions go to market strategy. This role reports into the Head of Corporate / Business Development at Conviva.
The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the technology and business challenges faced by brands, agencies, and publishers as it relates to advertising measurement across CTV and mobile devices and work closely with Conviva’s advertising product management team to provide a global vision for how we should be addressing the challenges, both directly and indirectly. The position requires that the successful candidate keep her/his finger on the pulse of rapidly evolving markets and industry trends served by Conviva and work with the leadership team to identify and develop new technology partnering opportunities for the company. It is critical that this person have the intellectual horsepower, operational discipline and strategic vision that define the Conviva business development leadership team.
• Participate in the development of the GTM strategy for Conviva’s advertising products
• Aid in the development of Conviva’s advertising products messaging
• Identify critical partnerships within the digital advertising ecosystem to support product development and long-term channel relationships
• Support Conviva Business Development leadership on strategic partnership engagements, including associated terms and deal structures.
• Drive partner projects forward by working with cross-functional teams and delivering executive updates.
• Identify innovate brands and agencies to participate in proof of concepts with large publishers
• Design a proof of concept workflow that ensures the success and conversion of the proof of concept into a long-term partnership
• Manage the proof of concept by coordinating consistent information exchange between advertising product management, the field sales team, and the executive team
• Aid in the development of Conviva’s advertising products certified partner program
• Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience
• 8 Years of relevant experience
• MBA preferred
Additional Skills Desired
• Preferably based in New York, NY
• Experience working with brand advertisers, media agencies, and publishers executives.
• Understand the ad sales buying and selling process.
• Current knowledge of the advertising ecosystem with specific knowledge of the digital TV measurement space (Oracle-MOAT, Integral Ad Science, ComScore, Nielsen DAR, etc.)
• Current knowledge of the programmatic ad ecosystem to include DSP’s, SSP’s, Ad Servers, Ad Exchanges, DMP’s, CDP’s, and Identify management systems
• Ability to converse confidently with brand, agency, and publisher advertising executives
• Track record of co-developing GTM strategies and successful execution
• Demonstrated success in working across departments to execute on strategic company initiatives
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years, HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Now, we have also launched new products that will help our customers deliver results as it relates to content, advertising and social analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com