Have you watched Game of Thrones on www.hbo.com or live broadcasting of FIFA World Cup on www.espn.com? If the answer is yes, you have already used Conviva technologies.
With a view into over 4 billion streams per month from over 1.6 billion unique devices, Conviva provides a global map of the Internet with detailed intelligence, giving online video providers the power to navigate the pitfalls of delivering video over an infrastructure not built for video. By recording detailed, real-time information on each and every viewer’s experience during every viewing session, Conviva’s big data platform not only offers an unparalleled view into what is happening, but the ability to preemptively avoid the bottlenecks and outages that cause viewers to stop watching.
Conviva is seeking a Solution Consultant. The ideal candidate should have a Technical Sales background, as they will be responsible for driving value across Conviva’s customers, securing renewal and identifying expansion opportunities. They should be highly diplomatic, as they will play a critical role in building relationships with strategic clients ensuring their overall satisfaction with our company, support and solutions. As a customer-facing Technical Account Manager, you should have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
What you get to do
The Solution Consultant role evolved from Conviva's Technical Field Team, blending Sales Engineering, Customer Success and Account Management and is well-suited to our low volume, high value, high touch engagement model. The role is intended for those with technical pre-sales and/or post-sales experience. The Solution Consultant (SC) is a dynamic role that couples consultative selling with customer relationship skills to drive adoption and growth of Conviva’s solutions. The SC works closely with Account Executives to understand our client/prospect challenges; acting as the primary point-of-contact for our client engagements. SCs demonstrate passion for their client’s success, bringing Conviva’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to clients to drive maximum business value.
The SC is able to found and nurture relationships with the client and help foster collaboration between Conviva teams and the clients’ teams, creating win- win environments. The SC will evangelize the value of Conviva’s solutions and help our clients extract maximum value from our services.
A successful SC must be outgoing, organized, and results-oriented. The ideal candidate should have the business acumen to speak confidently to C-Level execs, as well as the technical expertise to engage with IT professionals. He/She must be a good listener and ask appropriate questions in order to better understand the client’s business and then guide the client through operationalizing Conviva’s solutions to ensure success.
Whilst not ultimately responsible for closing commercial deals & terms, the SC owns the renewal with existing accounts and is further incentivized to identify and support pre-sales activity on expansion opportunities as well as new prospects.
What you bring to the role
- Proven work experience as a Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer or Solution Consultant with a SaaS or technology consultancy business supporting enterprise size accounts
- High degree of business including discovery of business objectives & initiatives, organizational hierarchy, key players and their decision process, account penetration, engagement and overall strategy, documentation of business use-cases, identifying product expansion/upsell and utilization to additional business units and users, manage contract terms/conditions/expectations, value extraction, and customer feedback.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Own the relationship with assigned clients, which includes ensuring successful onboarding, increasing product adoptions, ensuring engagement and retention, and maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of Conviva’s product suite and best practices in order to guide clients on business and technical decisions to ensure platform adoption and success
- Be a “Trusted Advisor” with executive sponsors and align Conviva solutions and roadmap to address clients’ challenges and business initiatives
- Act as customer’s first point of contact and facilitate communications between clients, Product Management, Professional Services, and Engineering groups to address product questions and concerns
- Apply expertise in data mining and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and pull insights to help identify trends and opportunities to drive adoption and growth of our products
- Prepare and deliver solution presentation proposals to C-level executives
- Facilitate, organize and lead regular customer meetings, product feedback sessions, quarterly business reviews
- 5+ years of professional work experience at a leading technology company
- 2+ Years of Solution Pre-sales experience – Sales Engineer/Technical Account Manager/Solution Engineer in a revenue driven role
- Strong Data Science or Analytics capabilities
- Strong personal management: you’re driven – no one needs to push you to excel, it’s just who you are
- Ability to work autonomously and to prioritize tasks while managing a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and consistent follow-through to commitments
- Excellent English speaking, presentation, and writing skills
- Experience leading or conducting meetings and presentations
- Comfortable balancing the intersection of technology and business challenges
- Knowledge/Expertise in Digital Video infrastructure (CDNs, Encoding, Player technologies, etc.) preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 40% across the region
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com