Have you watched Game of Thrones on www.hbo.com or live broadcasting of FIFA World Cup on www.espn.com? If the answer is yes, you have already used Conviva technologies.
Conviva is the real-time measurement and intelligence platform for the streaming TV. Conviva offers a linear TV scale performance with a view into over 20 billion streaming hours and more than 3 billion unique devices a year from 180 countries, Conviva has the largest, multi-publisher, global OTT streaming video continuous measurement census available, processing 1 trillion events per day across over 200 global brands. We see almost 60% of the Internet population and measure 7 out of the top 10 SVOD providers in the US, as well as many tier one global streaming TV providers across the globe. Our customers use Conviva’s continuous measurement sensor and Video Insight Platform cloud service to gain a real-time, unified view of their video delivery ecosystem and consumer viewing experience across all their devices and video applications.
We are looking for a director of engineering to own key product lines in Conviva’s industry leading product portfolio. This person needs to have a proven track record of technical leadership, owning and delivering high quality outcomes, mentoring teams and championing process transformation in a massive growth yet start-up environment. You should have established yourself as a subject matter expert in building scalable big data analytic applications that provide awesome customer experiences. You are expected to collaborate across the organizations to ensure the end-to-end product delivery to customers and appropriate share / usage of components and platforms across teams. As a transformation agent, you should be able to champion and hold your teams accountable to agility practices, high quality standards, predictability of deliverables and always journeying forward with continuous improvement. This is a technical role, so you are also expected to lead efforts across teams to drive the overall technical design and engineering best practices through design reviews, architecture discussions and functional influence.
What you get to do:
- Be a thought leader. Own key application(s) and drive initiatives to enable happy customers.
- Be a technical leader. Develop forward looking architecture and push the boundaries of possibilities.
- Be a customer advocate. Translate customer asks into tasks and resolve ambiguity.
- Be a transformation agent. Champion best practices and process changes in your team.
- Be a mentor & coach. Mentor multiple senior engineers in the team to make them successful.
- Be an influencer. Work with executives to understand challenges and collaborate across multiple stakeholders in a geographically distributed environment to solve them.
What you bring to the role:
- BS in CS or equivalent. Master and/or PHD an added bonus.
- 15+ years of software engineering including 5+ years in software management or architecture
- Experience working on real time data processing and building large scale query serving applications
- Hands-on expertise in big data technologies. At least two and preferably several from Spark, Flink, Druid, Hadoop, Kafka & big query.
- Working experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence strong leaders and senior engineers.
- You thrive in a startup environment.