Director of Business Development - Platform Partnerships
Do you have a passion for streaming video, big data analytics and a desire to help the world’s greatest media & advertising companies leverage the power of data to transform their business?
Conviva is the market leader in real time video measurement, analytics and big data machine learning. We monitor 100 billion video views on more than 3 billion devices for 200 million viewers worldwide.
We help our customers, the world’s leading publishers, media companies, sports teams and leagues, to optimize experience and viewer engagement in order to drive incremental revenue through advertising and subscription. Additionally, we have now launched additional analytic products focused on helping our customers maximize their Content, Advertising and Social initiatives. This NY based position will focus on helping expand our Advertising & Social Analytics products into new verticals such as agencies, brands, marketing technology companies and trading desks.
The Director of Business Development will support the business development efforts for Conviva’s platform partnerships. This person’s primary focus will be to oversee Conviva’s platform partnership program and work with Conviva’s Business Development team to manage, identify, and develop platform partnerships to ensure Conviva is providing its customers with best of breed, end to end solutions that simply and add value to their engagements with Conviva. This position will be responsible for executing on Conviva’s platform partnership program and for managing and coordinating field messaging related to that strategy. This role reports into the Head of Corporate / Business Development at Conviva.
The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the technology and business challenges faced by OTT publishers and work closely with Conviva’s product management team to provide a global vision for how we should be addressing the challenges, both directly and indirectly. The position requires that the successful candidate keep her/his finger on the pulse of rapidly evolving markets and industry trends served by Conviva and work with the leadership team to identify and develop new technology partnering opportunities for the company. It is critical that this person have the intellectual horsepower, operational discipline and strategic vision that define the Conviva business development leadership team.
• Participate in the development of Conviva’s platform partnership program
• Aid in the development of Conviva’s platform partnership messaging
• Identify critical partnerships within the OTT ecosystem to support product development and long-term channel relationships
• Support Conviva Business Development leadership on strategic partnership engagements, including associated terms and deal structures.
• Drive partner projects forward by working with cross-functional teams and delivering executive updates.
• Manage strategic platform partnerships to support growth targets and identify new partnerships to help Conviva overachieve growth targets.
• Design a proof of concept workflow that ensures the success and conversion of the proof of concept into a long-term partnership
• Manage the proof of concept by coordinating consistent information exchange between advertising product management, the field sales team, and the executive team
• Aid in the development of Conviva’s technology partnership program
• Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience
• 8 Years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
• 6 years of relevant experience and a Masters degree
Additional Skills Desired
• 6 years of experience, preferably in the OTT media space
• Broad network with industry leadership and decision makers
• Current knowledge of the OTT ecosystem with specific knowledge of OVP’s, OEM’s, Player Frameworks, and CDN’s
• Current knowledge of relevant 3rd party OTT applications with specific knowledge of content recommendation, churn analytics, conversational AI, application performance management, operational analytics, and QoS monitoring.
• Ability to converse confidently with OTT ecosystem executive management
• Track record of co-developing platform and channel partnership programs
• Demonstrated success in working across departments to execute on strategic company initiatives
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years, HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Now, we have also launched new products that will help our customers deliver results as it relates to content, advertising and social analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com