Senior Network Engineer
With a view into over 4 billion streams per month from over 1.6 billion unique devices, Conviva provides a global map of the Internet with detailed intelligence, giving online video providers the power to navigate the pitfalls of delivering video over an infrastructure not built for video. By recording detailed, real-time information on each and every viewer’s experience during every viewing session, Conviva’s big data platform not only offers an unparalleled view into what is happening, but the ability to preemptively avoid the bottlenecks and outages that cause viewers to stop watching.
Conviva is the market leader in real time video measurement, analytics and big data machine learning. We monitor 100 billion video views on more than 3 billion devices for 200 million viewers worldwide.
We help our customers, the world’s leading publishers, media companies, sports teams and leagues, to optimize viewer experience and engagement to derive incremental revenue through advertising and subscriptions. We also offer analytic products focused on helping our customers maximize their Content, Advertising and Social initiatives.
As a Senior Network Engineer at Conviva, you work with Conviva infrastructure and product development teams to design, implement and maintain Conviva’s global network infrastructure encompassing multi region physical datacenters, and public clouds such as AWS, GCP and Azure to run Conviva cloud and platform services.
- Work with infrastructure and application development team members to design, build, and improve data center and hybrid cloud networks based on business and application requirements
- Proposing and implementing network enhancements, including software and hardware updates that will improve performance, reliability, scalability and security of the network
- Manage all core and production network infrastructure built on Juniper and Cisco Switches/Routers/Firewalls and Load Balancers in a hybrid cloud infrastructure encompassing multiple physical datacenters, multi region AWS, GCP and Azure public clouds
- Develop, document, and execute processes and runbooks. Create and define network engineering best practices
- Actively engage with internal infrastructure team to develop frameworks, tools, scripts to drive extensive automation of the infrastructure environments
- Manage network vulnerability management program across Conviva network infrastructure
- Be part of geographically diverse Conviva infrastructure team, participating in a rotating on-call support schedule and serve as an escalation point during outages
- At least 8+ years of related experience
- Senior level experience designing, deploying, and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture in high-volume or critical production service environments comprising of datacenters and public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Advanced TCP/IP networking knowledge including security, addressing, sub-netting, routing, switching and troubleshooting techniques. In depth knowledge on cloud networking and security
- Expert level at large scale multi-vendor ( Juniper, Cisco, F5, NetScaler ) networks with global footprints. Experience with large scale Juniper network infrastructure is a huge plus.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF)
- Proficiency in shell/python scripting/coding
- Develop technical documentation, diagrams and templates and be rigorous in maintaining accuracy and relevancy of developed materials
- Experience working with globally distributed teams in a SaaS environment is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field