At Conviva we are connecting experience and engagement for many of the best video sites globally. The Conviva SaaS platform is the real-time big data analytics platform to enable content publishers and service providers to monitor and deliver TV-quality viewing experience, despite the unpredictability of a complex and fragile Internet delivery environment.
We are seeking creative and multi-talented engineers for our Professional Services team. Professional Services ensures the technical success of Conviva product deployments by managing software integrations and performing consulting services. This position is best suited to some with programming skills as well as strong diagnostic, multitasking, and very strong communication skills -- particularly with regards to customer relations. As a member of this group you will be responsible for taking customers from interested to fully consuming Conviva’s products and services.
What You Get To Do:
- Manage customer relationships through software integration and deployment process.
- Be the main technical point of contact guiding the customer to integrate Conviva’s solutions based on best practices and technical knowledge.
- Able to develop/ Integration independently or Troubleshoot client’s code in a variety of programing languages and IDE’s.
- Able to fix/tweak Conviva libraries or SDK to fit the customer’s unique requirement
- Keep current on all Conviva software SDKs and APIs across new platforms.
- Manage several simultaneous work streams to completion.
- Positively influence Conviva prioritization within customer by ‘making it easy.’
What You Bring To The Role:
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) with technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to lead customer-facing technical meetings and comfortable working with all levels of an organization
- 3+ years professional experience in native software application development.
- Experience with video streaming technologies like HLS, DASH, RTMP, HDS.
- Proficiency with OOP, Web and mobile Applications.
- Familiarity with UML, Design Patterns, Software Engineering models (Agile, eXtreme), JIRA & best code commit practices such as GIT workflow etc.
- Professional experience in a customer-facing role working with Engineering and Quality Assurance teams
- Positive can-do attitude to help clients navigate through challenging problems with easy creative solutions
Helpful, but Not Required:
- Experience with native Mobile or Set-top box development.
- Understanding of OTT is a big plus
- Online video player configuration and management experience.
- Experience with Online Video Player Providers (Kaltura, thePlatform, Ooyala, Brightcove, etc.) and integration with video delivery platforms
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) experience.
- Experience with the following or similar video players: JW Player, FlowPlayer, video.js, Shaka player, Dash.js, ExoPlayer, AV Player etc.
- Experience integrating analytics at a video player level.
- Experience with Smart TV, connected devices or game console apps development: Samsung / LGTV / Philips/Roku/Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, or e.g Sony PS3/PS4.