EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Technical Writer to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Technology Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum is a global design and innovation consultancy that creates products, services, and experiences that work for people and the businesses that serve them. The Technology Practice focuses on innovation at the intersection of technology, engineered systems, and human-centered design. Working with companies from startup technology ventures to global manufacturers, EPAM Continuum creates technology-based products and systems that are valued by people and transform businesses.
EPAM Continuum projects span the consumer, medical, and industrial segments and include a broad range of mechanical engineering content.
Who You Are:
We’re searching for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of the Role:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization