Associate Product Experience Designer with ID Background
Who We Are
EPAM Continuum creates new-to-the-world experiences by skillfully engaging the talents of more than 150 professionals with diverse, multi-disciplinary experiences, including architects, brand strategists, business strategists, economists, psychologists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, and designers from areas such as graphic, industrial, interaction and digital design.
For more than thirty years, the company has partnered with clients to discover innovative ideas and realize them as powerful products, services and brand experiences.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, BBVA, Bose, Herman Miller, Haier, Ferrero, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, Fastweb, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung and Staples.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that we can advance lives and bring businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
For clients around the world, the Product Experience Design team in Milan designs connected products, languages, portfolios strategies and product-service systems. We are now seeking for a new, talented Associate member to join our team.
Who you are…
You see products as part of something bigger: an experience with a valuable purpose. You feel good when the boundaries between design, engineering and, strategy get blurred. You feel great in challenging the status quo, imagining new possible futures. You know how important are critical thinking and sense of humor You have abundant patience and curiosity to tackle complex problems and solve them creatively. You enjoy the creative process but also its strategic implications and its execution: you strive to “make it real”.
As an Associate Product Experience Designer, you will:
- Envision and design non-obvious, original experiences involving physical products and digital interfaces.
- Perform user research/analysis and translate them into actual design solutions
- Develop emotionally appealing design languages as part of compelling portfolios and brand strategies.
- Travel domestically and internationally to meet clients, users and colleagues.
- Solid industrial design skills associated with a burning desire to go beyond them, learning new skills and exploring the new.
- An independent thinker with an eye for consumer behaviors and social trends.
- Strategic mindset and system thinking attitude.
- Being detail-oriented and meticulous. Being precise yet imaginative.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision. Being reliable and accountable.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (any UX/UI/iA tool is a plus).
- Solid CAD modelling skills (parametric modelling skills are a plus, demonstrated interest in computational design is a big plus).
- Fluent and effective sketching skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: English is a must, other languages a plus.
- Degree in Industrial / Product Design, Design Engineering or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience
- International experience is a plus
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please provide a portfolio showing sample projects (pdf only) or a portfolio website.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.