Lead Mechanical Engineer
EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Mechanical Engineer to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Technology Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum integrates business, design, and technology consulting to focus on accelerating breakthrough ideas into meaningful impact. Driving transformation in today’s world requires a uniquely constructed network of connected teams, working across silos, to help tackle our client’s biggest challenges. This is core to our DNA.
The EPAM Continuum network of teams is made up of multi-disciplinary professionals with diverse experiences, including design & business strategists, architects, product, service, & interaction designers, technologists, data analysts, prototypers, and electrical, mechanical, & software engineers.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on EPAM Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, Bose, Fisher-Price, Herman Miller, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung, Southwest Airlines, and UnitedHealthcare.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that we can advance lives and bring businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an exceptional engineer with 10 years of engineering experience that has exposed you to a variety of industries, applications, technologies, and projects. Your skills demonstrate a broad base of practical knowledge, but you have the ability to ‘go theoretical’ to attain the necessary results.
- You are curious and build knowledge in new technologies, industries, and business models deeply and quickly.
- You learn and adapt with creativity. You are energetic and passionate about solving problems and may even lead others to innovate.
- You are passionate about the big picture. You know how to design and build for context and may be able to guide a team to design for system-wide constraints.
- Your work pace is fast, but you are thorough about the details. Being hands-on, you love getting your hands dirty and being shoulder to shoulder on the front lines of a project.
- You know what drives quality in the real world and have the design, documentation, and communication skills to maintain quality within an agile and diverse work environment.
- You know how to verify that you’ve produced real results and can orchestrate a team to achieve real results.
- You nurture your network. You communicate with impact and influence others positively. You communicate effectively, and you relate well with people and build partnerships. You’re able to provide feedback that helps develop your associates.
Experience in the following areas are required for consideration:
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering program. An advanced degree or specialized industry experience (e.g. high-volume manufacturing, materials, medical devices) is a plus.
- 10+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- Experienced to expert level 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks)
- Strong background with various manufacturing processes
- Experience designing and executing proof-of-concept prototypes through integrated alpha designs
- Strong theoretical mechanical engineering background
- Experience leading teams or technical programs. Experience leading cross-disciplinary teams is a plus.
Exceptional candidates will also have demonstrated experience in many of the areas below:
- Design for Injection Mold
- Material Research and Selection
- Mechanism Design
- Experiment Design
- Electromechanical System Design
- Ergonomics and Interaction
- Machine Vision
- Dynamics (design for motion/acceleration/deceleration/impact)
- Dimension and Tolerance study
- Systems Engineering
- Thermal Analysis/Flow Simulation
- Statistics/Data Analysis
- Sheetmetal Design
- Machined Part Design
- Structural Frame Design
- DFM – Design for Manufacturing
- Applied safety standards, IEC-61010, IEC-60601 or equivalent
- Physical Prototyping at the appropriate level of fidelity
In addition, the following non-technical areas will be important:
- Ability to write clearly and effectively for proposals, promoting skills of the department in technical and non-technical areas
- Ability to speak with prospective clients and convey the strengths of the group
- Ability to answer questions in a clear manner
- Ability to develop a project schedule with realistic timelines, resourcing, and granular feature set
- Ability to manage risk as it relates to the project timeline
- Ability to communicate risks to managers in a timely manner
- Ability to interview, hire, and manage contractors
- Driven to document thoroughly and facilitate work-product re-integration within our clients’ organizations
In addition to a resume and thoughtful cover letter, please also include any current or recent work in a link to an online portfolio or attached PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EPAM Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.