EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Electrical Engineer to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Technology Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum is a global design and innovation consultancy that creates products, services, and experiences that work for people and the businesses that serve them. The Technology Practice focuses on innovation at the intersection of technology, engineered systems, and human-centered design. Working with companies from startup technology ventures to global manufacturers, EPAM Continuum creates technology-based products and systems that are valued by people and transform businesses.
EPAM Continuum has more than 150 full-time employees, working out of four offices around the world. The team is made up of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professionals with diverse experiences, including anthropologists, architects, business strategists, economists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, psychologists and designers. Since 1983, EPAM Continuum has created meaningful design solutions for companies and organizations worldwide, including Mindray, Respironics, Johnson and Johnson, Herman Miller, NIH, Avedro, Insulet, Amplifon, and Affymetrix. Mechanical Engineering is a core capability within our business.
EPAM Continuum projects span the consumer, medical, and industrial segments and include a broad range of mechanical engineering content.
Who You Are:
We are looking for exceptional engineers with 2-4 years of experience who develop creative, robust solutions to complex problems. Your skills demonstrate a broad base of practical knowledge, but you have the ability to ‘go theoretical’ to attain the necessary results.
You are also motivated to document and communicate the elements of your designs to fellow teammates. You are interested in contributing to teams from multiple disciplines
Experience in the following areas are required for consideration:
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering program
- 2-4 years of electrical engineering experience
- Design and implementation of board-level circuit design, especially targeted toward embedded systems
- Excellent lab, instrumentation, and analysis skills
- PCB Layout
Exceptional candidates will also have demonstrated experience in some of the areas below:
- Embedded systems programming
- Practical working knowledge of design for electromagnetic compatibility
- Analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit development
- Wireless system design, including transceiver design, antenna design, and baseband development
- RF development around communications platforms, and high-power systems
- Display systems, including custom OLED and touchscreen devices
- Power system design, including low power systems and battery management and charging
- Programmable logic design (FPGA, CPLD) and digital simulation
- Electro-motive technologies
- Sensor technologies
- Applied Control Theory, cascade
- Design for Electromagnetic Compatibility, IEC-61000
- Applied safety standards, IEC-61010, IEC-60601 or equivalent
- Design for radiated and conducted emissions and immunity, consistent with FCC regulations
In addition, the following non-technical areas will be important:
- Ability to answer questions in a clear manner
- Ability to manage risk as it relates to the project timeline
- Ability to communicate risks to managers in a timely manner
- Driven to document thoroughly and facilitate work-product re-integration within our clients’ organizations
In addition to a resume, please also include any current or recent work examples in a link to an online portfolio or attached PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
EPAM Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.