Director of Client Engagement
Who we are
EPAM Continuum creates new-to-the-world experiences by skillfully engaging the talents of more than 150 professionals with diverse, multi-disciplinary experiences, including architects, brand strategists, business strategists, economists, psychologists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, and designers from areas such as strategy, industrial, interaction and service design.
For more than thirty years, the company has partnered with clients to discover innovative ideas and realize them as powerful products, services and brand experiences.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, BBVA, Bose, Herman Miller, Haier, Ferrero, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, Fastweb, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung and Staples.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that we can advance lives and bring businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
Who we are looking for
EPAM Continuum is EPAM’s innovation practice, and EPAM Continuum Milan is its European headquarter.
EPAM Continuum Milan is now seeking for an experienced Client Engagement Director to lead the client development efforts in Europe.
The Client Engagement Director will be responsible for the discovery and development of new prospects, for client qualification and acquisition and for the growth of EPAM Continuum Innovation customers into accounts across Middle-East and Europe with particular focus on Italy, Germany/Nordics and UK. Moreover...
- Innovation is your natural environment; you love it. You successfully navigate the challenges involved in it.
- You know the WHYs of “human-centered”.
- You can see what could be next for a client. You connect the dots.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and unexplored areas. You know how to measure and take risks smartly.
What you’ll do
Sales strategy development
- To participate in the creation of the sales strategy in alignment with the local Directors and to lead its execution.
- To control and communicate the new business funnel, providing accurate and timely reporting of all new project opportunities thru our systems and other means as required.
- To participate in events, conferences, meetings and other relevant Sales activities
- After finding new leads, to build initial and lasting impressions with clients who are interested in building relationships with Continuum. Contextually introduce relevant offering to clients.
- To write complex Project/program proposals (not just responding to RFPs) with practitioners and other business developers.
- To negotiate and close contracts. You ensure closure on client commitments to new projects and timely signatures on Statements of Work and T&Cs.
- To ensure that appropriate contractual vehicles are in place and are supported/respected by client’s financial gate-keepers.
- To contribute to account plans and reviews, reporting, project kickoffs, and key project deliverable read-outs.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and payment.
- Key client meetings: you are there.
What we are looking for
- 10+ years’ experience in innovation, creative services, design, strategy, technology, product development/management.
- Experience in business development, consultative sales or business-minded consulting with substantially sized clients and executive level engagement.
- Direct international experience a big plus
- Solid understanding of regional and international business context and its impact on clients, the firm and the teams
- Breadth of perspective to define diverse projects across many industries. Background in (or across) these areas is a plus: consumer goods, travel & hospitality, government & cities.
- English a must, other languages a plus (including German and Italian)
- Able to produce engaging presentations and proposals.
- People management skills
- Proven track record to lead and develop teams is a great plus.
- Availability to travel
- Traveling to Italy on a regular basis is requested, living in Italy a big plus.