The Consumers Credit Union team is looking to hire a passionate Financial Advisor. In this role, you will provide analysis and guidance to businesses and individuals in order for them to make investment decisions. The Financial Advisor recommends financial options to members in accordance with their short and long term goals. You will prepare and deliver comprehensive financial advice that may include portfolio reviews, asset accumulation strategies, analysis and assessments, pre/post-retirement planning, and asset allocation strategies. Enhance and expand the overall penetration and participation levels of the current investment services program and ensures on-going quality service to existing members/clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assists members in retirement and estate planning, funding for college, general investment options and loan and deposit needs.
- Achieves individual sales goals.
- Cross-sells credit union products and services and acts upon referral opportunities to maintain a ratio consistent with goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Consumers products and services.
- Successfully maintains: Series 7, Series 66, Life, Accident, and Health Insurance Licenses, and State specific securities and investment licenses.
- Contacts potential members by attending business and social events/meetings or by giving seminars.
- Maintains all files and records to comply with the law.
- Knowledgeable in the area of IRA and Trust accounts.
- Develops an understanding of Credit Union rules, regulations, philosophy, organization by-laws and operating procedures.
- Assist in any area as directed by your supervisor.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Success requires a Bachelor's degree in Business or Insurance (or equivalent work experience).
- 5 years proven experience in the delivery of personal investment products and services, with at least 1 year of experience in a financial institution.
- Successfully completes: Series 7, Series 66, Life, Accident, and Health Insurance Licenses, and State specific securities and investment licenses.
What you didn't know about the team:
At Consumers, you're joining a team that works closely together and counts on one another. You'll find the people here enjoy an unusual high level of camaraderie.
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.