The Consumers Credit Union team is looking to hire a Compliance Specialist. In this role, you will support the Risk Management Department in the continued development and execution of the compliance program at the credit union. You will research a variety of regulatory and other risk-related topics in addition to drafting procedures, reviewing processes, and monitoring activities for compliance with both regulations and credit union policies. The Compliance Specialist also provides critical support to other employees; in this role you will assist other individuals and teams by responding to individual inquiries as well as through your support of compliance and risk-related training initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct compliance reviews and risk assessments of the credit union’s products, processes, and documentation to evaluate consistency with applicable regulations and policies.
- Research and respond to employee inquiries regarding complex transactions or documentation, including trust, power of attorney, estate, and fiduciary documents. Maintain procedural documents to provide guidance regarding frequent areas of inquiry.
- Provide support to the Training Department to develop effective compliance education through in-person and online channels.
- Coordinate vendor management processes for both new vendors and annual reviews.
- Provide ongoing support for mortgage compliance routines.
- Provide support, as needed, for BSA and OFAC compliance processes.
- Complete the annual unclaimed property review and filing.
- Track member complaints and coordinate with Management to develop timely action plans and responses.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least 2 years of related experience in a compliance, audit, or risk management role.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills that allow you to work with people at all levels, communicate clearly, and promote change when necessary.
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws and recommend changes to practices, policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations within the credit union industry, with industry compliance credentials preferred (i.e. CUCE, NCCO, BSACS, CAMS).
What you didn't know about the team:
At Consumers, you're joining a team that works closely together and counts on one another. You'll find the people here enjoy an unusual high level of camaraderie.
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.