Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
The Consumers Credit Union team is looking to hire a passionate Business Development Manager to join our team. As a Business Development Manager, you will serve the credit union’s primary external sales force in the development of new business members. You will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Our ideal candidate has more than 5 years of experience, a proven track record of achieving sales goals in business products, deposit services and ancillary products, and formal credit training preferred.
As an employee of Consumers Credit Union, you are genuine and passionate. You are purposeful and like to be the solution, but more importantly, you are a servant leader.
What you will do:
- Achieve growth goals in business loans, deposits and other services.
- Develop and implement strategies related to new member loan and deposit growth.
- Actively call on potential and/or existing members to maintain, expand and develop new business opportunities.
- Responsible for lead generation of business deposits (including ACH & BRDC), loan products, and Consumers @Work. Initiate business loan applications ensuring complete documentation for timely processing.
- Responsible for facilitating the member business loan credit granting process from initial application to analysis, to approval memorandum, to closing and booking; review and comment on credit approval memorandums demonstrating a thorough understanding of the request, the risks and mitigation of the risks; Present the loan request, when appropriate, to the credit union’s loan committee.
- Sell prospective businesses Consumers @Work program for recurring onsite presentations for the purpose of growing membership, providing financial education, and communicating our credit union brand.
- Proactively use the Customer Relationship Management system to generate opportunities.
- Act as a trusted advisor, including counseling members who have credit challenges.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field and minimum five years’ experience in the finance or banking industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to properly service business members; ability to foster and grow relationships with others.
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals in business products, deposit services and ancillary products
- Formal credit training preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent listening and public speaking skills.
- An understanding of Credit Union rules and regulations preferred.
- Ability to make judgments in the best interest of the member and Consumers Credit Union.
- Working knowledge of business loan and deposit products preferred.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.