As a Credit Analyst, you will perform the required credit analysis for reviews, renewals and new requests. You are responsible for the preparation and tracking of loan approval documents and appropriate documentation. In addition, you shall be able to effectively provide business members with timely responses to inquiries and assist team members with vital information about business members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accept business loan application information from members and team members; Prepare write- ups of credit requests for underwriting and credit committee consideration.
- Maintain tracking reports related to expiring and maturing loans, lines of credit, annual reviews, and information requiring monitoring such as line of credit Borrowing Base Certificates, financial statements and/or tax returns and loan classification.
- Maintain business member file organization in accordance with credit union procedures.
- Prepare Credit Approval Memorandum and credit analysis for loan requests, appropriate for loan type and size including operations, cash flow, financial condition, collateral and outside/ personal support.
- Be familiar with risk ratings at inception of loan and when deterioration is evidenced in analysis, recommend changes to the VP of Business Services.
- Respond to internal and external inquires on a timely and professional manner.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in a credit department or a related professional activity.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, a self-starter and able to work with analytical tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form is required.
- Must be able to work with deadlines.
- Must be able to use Excel, Word, perform research and be able to learn internal credit union systems and procedures.
What you didn't know about the team:
At Consumers, you're joining a team that works closely together and counts on one another. You'll find the people here enjoy an unusual high level of camaraderie.
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.