The Consumers Credit Union team is looking to hire a passionate Loan Officer to join our team. As a Loan Officer, you will provide exceptional service to enhance member relationships and exceed member expectations.
Our ideal candidate has a great attitude, strong attention to detail and can effectively cross-sell products and services to our members to meet their financial needs. This role needs to have the ability to make decisions.
As an employee of Consumers Credit Union, you are genuine and passionate. You are purposeful and like to be the solution, but more importantly, you are a servant leader.
What you will do:
- Provide excellent member service.
- Respond to member communications and inquiries in a timely matter, using such opportunities to provide outstanding service and grow credit union products and services.
- Proficient in diffusing difficult member situations and resolving member concerns.
- Open new accounts for members, including IRA accounts. Process IRA transactions; demonstrate online banking and Bill Pay to members; handle debit cards and payroll; direct deposit and disbursements requests.
- Originate loan applications, make recommendations for approval or denial, and obtains applicable loan documents for successful loan closings. Fully documents loan applications prior to submitting for loan approval (notes, ratios, assets, liabilities, employment, etc.).
- Grow relationships through follow-up, including timely action and documentation in the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Possess a working knowledge of business services, accounts, and transactions. Able to establish new business account relationships and perform account maintenance.
- Process member transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cash checks, credit card and line of credit advances.
- Consistently establish and build relationships with members to grow overall membership base.
- Use empathy and build rapport on each interaction.
- Actively listen to determine member needs.
- Educate members on products and services.
- Provide support (Online Banking, Text Banking, Bill Pay, etc.) to members, including demonstrations.
- Refer new Business Account relationships and perform account maintenance.
- Recognize and act upon referral opportunities to achieve individual sales goals.
- Process daily teller area operations including money orders, ATMs, night depository, and performing select overrides.
- Sustain teller balancing standards and accuracy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all Consumers products and services.
- Uphold member confidentiality.
- Follow security guidelines.
What you'll bring to the table:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Home Equity certified is a plus.
- Professional appearance, builds rapports with members, and enjoys working with people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cash handling and basic math skills.
- Knowledge of current technology. Able to easily navigate multiple software environments.
What you didn't know about the team:
At Consumers, you're joining a team that works closely together and counts on one another. You'll find the people here enjoy an unusual high level of camaraderie.
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.