Job Summary: The VP of Leasing will be responsible for developing and sustaining national standard processes and practices that drive value in the leasing and resident satisfaction functions of all Conrex homes to include marketing and branding efforts to optimize company and market performance. The primary responsibility of this role is to maximize operational excellence in all Leasing functions through system wide continuous improvement, best practices, development, and data-driven management to include marketing analytics. The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide strategic thought leadership and support for high-visibility quality improvement initiatives and change management. This position will work within the Conrex’s Center of Excellence, which is responsible for driving lean transformation initiatives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, and improving operational effectiveness through research, creation and implementation of best practices.
- Drive operational excellence through benchmarking, best practice adoption, and process transformation related to marketing, lease application, screening/approval, and administration, resident move in/move out, and strategic initiatives that drive resident satisfaction and retention and optimization of revenue management.
- Manage key media and marketing programs including the brand management and public relation initiatives for the company.
- Enhance the impression of our brand on residents, associates, and investors.
- Build a collaborative culture between HQs support personnel and field operators for marketing, leasing and retention.
- Develop and execute standardized training functions to ensure consistent execution across all Conrex field offices.
- Continually assess leasing and retention leaders and provide feedback both formally and informally.
- Develop and cultivate a continuous learning environment with structured programs for improving and sustaining performance; institute professional development programs that address the needs of new employees and those that are more experienced.
- Focuses on process optimization through training, team building, and culture change to sustain measurable improvements; develop systems to measure and monitor resident satisfaction from the time a tenant applies until they move out of a Conrex home.
- Assist in the development and distribution of monthly forecast targets specifically for leasing and retention.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the alignment of capacity to requirements.
- Create and implement leasing programs that drive revenue and support the overall business goals for Conrex.
- Communicates consistently up, down and across the company by routine engagements; develops close collaborative relationships with field leadership; provides senior leadership and peers routine insight into marketing, leasing and retention dynamics/environment.
- Develops and implements ‘best in class’ procedures, policies and practices; facilitates the implementation of change across all markets ensuring high level of buy-in and execution; continually solicits and appropriately addresses 360’ feedback for the betterment of Conrex.
- Stay current on market trends, technology and operational efficiencies through professional reading, as well as attending educational and industry relevant conferences.
- Evaluates local and national leasing performance metrics through reporting, market visits and meetings. Initiates improvement through coaching, mentoring and oversight measures, as well as recommends personnel changes when needed.
- Ensures compliance with state real estate laws and enforces the company’s policies/procedures to ensure seamless internal and external audits; minimize administrative errors in the lease processing and management in conjunction with the leasing and administrative team.
Coach, Mentor, Develop
- Develops and facilitates the execution of the strategic vision for leasing operations; drives the profitability and operational excellence of the company by using leadership skills, market knowledge, and analysis to coach, mentor and develop the leasing team for their individual and market performance. Provide field leadership insight into the functional area performance of their markets and personnel.
- Leads and oversees the work performance of the Director of Marketing and Leasing as well as the Marketing Coordinator.
- Achieve 150 leases per 7-day period for the quarter for the company
- Retain 75% of residents month-over-month
- Achieve close, professional, and effective culture of the ‘One Team’ (market and HQs)
- Develop close working relationship with field leadership
- Achieve <10% LDOM for homes >30 days
- Facilitate a smooth transition and effective implementation of PM software
- Achieve 5% blended rent growth across the company