Java SW Engineer
Concept Plus is hiring a junior to mid-level Java Software Engineer as part of a team tasked with the development and sustainment of web database application for a U.S. Defense Agency. The Java Software Engineer will work with other team members (Sr. and Mid-level developers, business analysts, testers, DBAs) to design, develop and implement solutions, document and/or present technical aspects of solutions and support testing and validation of applications.The ideal candidate should possess solid experience in software design & development of web-based database applications. They must have experience in Agile development methodologies and support a team through the sprint process.
Must understand DoD cybersecurity requirements and must have an active DoD public trust clearance to be considered for the position.
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support, and maintain Java applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Work with development team to ensure consistency in processes and completion of deliverables among team members
- Familiar with cross-functional development practices and application ownership
- BS in Computer Science or related field or related experience
- Security+ or comparable certification req’d, but may be obtained within 6 months of hire
- 2 to 4 years Java development experience
- Delivering enterprise solutions with the Spring and Struts2 frameworks using Spring Boot, Maven, JDBC, Security and MVC.
- Knowledge of Git, JDBC, SQL, database-stored procedures and isolation levels, JPA, SOAP and XML
- Secret clearance
- Very good communication skills
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with Agile
- Security + Certification a plus
Concept Plus is a growing SDB and 8(a) certified consulting firm headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We are an Oracle Platinum Partner, offering deep technical expertise, combined with business insights and an experienced team focused on providing technical solutions for our clients. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the "25 Most Powerful Oracle Solution Providers" in the area! We offer great benefits including competitive pay, comprehensive health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid life insurance, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, unlimited training, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, flexible, innovative environment! For additional information about our dynamic organization, please visit our website at www.conceptplusllc.com. Concept Plus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we will give your application full consideration without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law