Content Marketing Manager
As the content marketing manager and content strategist for Compuware, you'll get to use your strong writing skills to tell the stories of an evolving 40-year-old technology company that is being run like a start-up. You will work in a fast-paced environment to write, edit and proof all types of rich content, with an understanding of how this content aligns with and supports business objectives.
In this role, you will report directly to the Senior PR and Communications Manager and work closely with others in corporate, digital and field marketing as well as work cross-functionally with experts across the organization. You’ll pay close attention to how your content does in social media and demand generation efforts so that you can continue to optimize messaging and format so that it best serves our customers. You’ll also stay on top of the latest content trends for our target audience and research on our market and competitive landscape.
- Author, edit and proof email communications, product collateral, web content, advertisements, blog posts, articles, press releases, video scripts, infographics, case studies and more
- Own Compuware’s blog and podcast, generate new ideas for topics and content format as well as mediums we can leverage to tell Compuware’s story
- Build relationships with experts across the company and with industry influencers to gather knowledge and information required to produce content
- Monitor content engagement data and the online preferences of our target audience and continually optimize content strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with digital marketing and sales to help optimize demand generation campaigns. This will require writing calls to action, landing pages and/or emails.
- Utilizing SEO best practices, write content for website, monitor organic rankings and continue to optimize content to improve rankings and keep website fresh.
- Work closely with team to look for ways to leverage all content for multiple purposes.
- Manage an editorial calendar to ensure content is created and delivered on time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or relevant technical field
- 3+ years of proven experience in managing content marketing, content strategy and bringing projects to completion
- Proven ability to produce a variety of high-quality written content at a fast pace (sample content or link to portfolio should be sent with resume)
- Highly driven and organized, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with technology copywriting
- Experience in demand generation, campaign planning and B2B marketing a plus
- Strong understanding and use of social media and how to reach a target audience via content marketing