Technical Account Manager
Who is Compuware?
Founded in 1973, Compuware empowers the world's largest companies to excel in the digital economy by fully leveraging their high-value mainframe intellectual property. We do this by delivering highly innovative mainframe application development and performance optimization solutions that uniquely enable IT to drive business value. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com/
The company's ongoing success depends on our employees -a diverse team of people with a set of key, common attributes. We seek positive, assertive team players who have a strong desire to succeed in a team- and customer-oriented environment.
Position Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a person who is consultative in nature and interested in understanding and mapping technical challenges to software solutions while also keeping business impact in mind. We are seeking a good communicator who enjoys working with people both in a team and independently. You will need to be organised, methodical, and tenacious enough to drive plans through to their conclusion.
Compuware Technical Account Managers must enjoy, and have the ability, to communicate with both technical practitioners and management level customer contacts to justify technical to business drivers motivating a purchase. You will be working with a number of varied customers as a trusted advisor providing professional engagement.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) partners with the sales account manager in helping to meet and exceed revenue targets set by the business. The TAM’s main contribution is through technical excellence as a trusted advisor to both their sales account managers and their customers. Also, to assist in mapping business IT to technical requirements involving the CPWR toolset.
Assistance is provided as part of the sales team to strategise on accounts, identify potential solution opportunities and assume ownership of all technical aspects of the sales cycle. Other typical activities include translating customer requirements into business needs, proposing enhancement to product development, seeking new revenue opportunities from existing customers, assurance of software deployment and value realisation and articulation at customer sites, assisting with technical question resolution, and training of customers as well as assisting with the induction of new sales representatives from a technical perspective.
- Play a vital part along with the sales team in pre-sales activity such as capturing and translating customer business requirements into technical value propositions, proposal preparation, demonstrations and presentations of CPWR solutions, product installations and proof of concept projects.
- Coordinating and executing project plans to ensure customer product value realisation, including: installation, deployment, education, value realisation, value capturing in business terms while incorporating the objective of Sales Account management and the customer.
- Managing and executing the various company offerings and initiatives. For example, the Value Improvement Program and Mainframe Manifesto Presentations etc.
- Taking ownership for the assigned franchise and all supporting information in order to effectively and professionally manage this franchise, such as profiling the customer technology and applications.
- Continually professionally developing your IT skills, market knowledge and competitor intelligence.
- Working with a larger team of Field Support to assist efficient resolution of customer challenges.
- Keeping management aware of potential areas for product, services and educational sales, being continually aware of new products and releases through regular updates with the Product Manager.
- Representing the company at User Groups and Trade Shows.
- Provide Professional Services/consulting to customers as required from time to time.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT organizations on the Mainframe
- Experience on the system side of operations in performance tuning and workload management
- Previous technical roles supporting sales people would be advantageous
- Knowledge of WLM & Schedulers would be advantageous
- Knowledge of DB2, IMS, COBOL, CICS from a tuning perspective
- Working knowledge of Compuware Mainframe Performance Products (Strobe & Thruput Manger)
- Working knowledge of Compuware Mainframe Products outside of performance would be bonus
- Additional experience with Topaz Workbench is advantageous.
- As many CPWR Mainframe products have GUI frontends some PC skills are required, such as:
- Familiarity with SQL Server database or Oracle
- Understanding of how applications servers work (ex. Tomcat)
- Familiarity with Eclipse framework and BIRT would be welcome
- Requires a blend of technical, business, consultative and project management skills.
- Technical understanding, with the ability to assist Sales Account Managers with detailed information on a specific product, or range of products.
- You need to be positive, passionate and have a personal drive, combined with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- A good standard of oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently with limited supervision.
- Organised critical thinker who can structure tasks and work towards successful outcomes.