Senior Corporate Accountant
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
A Day in the Life:
The Senior Corporate Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager. Responsible for assisting in the preparation and consolidation of Financial Statements, process improvements and efficiency projects, assist with month, quarter, and year-end close process and Financial Reporting. The Senior Accountant will perform ad hoc reporting for executive management, as well as assist with internal and external audits. Develop, implement and improve accounting processes and procedures for dynamic lines of business.
In this role you’ll:
- Perform at a high and hands-on level in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing processes.
- Collaborate with management in building the budgets and forecasts as needed until capable of taking ownership over these procedures, including the close process.
- Analyze and review accounts and accounting cycles, prep and review balance sheet recons and handle documentation of accounting workflows.
- Prepare GL account analysis
- Prepare balance sheet and P&L analysis
- Prepare cash expense analysis.
- Special assignments in connection with new business ventures.
- Financial analysis of business proposals.
- Create ad hoc reporting and budget support.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in monthly quarterly and annual closings.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and support (US GAAP and IFRS).
We’re looking for someone who brings”
- Experience 5 to 7 years of progressive financial analysis and reporting experience in industry or with a major public accounting firm.
- Strong financial background.
- Experience with corporate cash flows and balance sheets in a multi-entity environment.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Analysis of accounting treatment for new businesses.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- CPA Required or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
We’ll see it as a bonus if you also bring:
- Finance MBA
- Intacct Experience
Good People, Doing Good Things:
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Unlimited Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities