Marketing Operations Manager
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. With leading technology, the company helps more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Our nearly 2,800 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one in which employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
Community Brands is a growing company, and we’re in need of a Manager of Marketing Operations. You’ll lead the marketing operations team and play a vital role in the administration and enablement of marketing automation and demand generation systems. The leader in this role will work closely with and support executives, sales and marketing leaders, and sales and marketing team members throughout the company. We’ve recently made acquisitions in several areas of our business, and your leadership will help ensure the company has effective marketing data, systems, and processes. This role reports to the Director, Corporate Marketing.
Good at managing 4D projects, at least the ones that include data, decisions, deadlines, and dollars? Growth guru who keeps tabs on fast-moving software companies and their market initiatives? Passionate about leadership, development, and coaching? Already have a list of things you’d want to do to make a splash in a new role? I say partner, these might be signs of a good fit!
The marketing operations leadership role is significant, and you’ll get support from your leaders and peers in the corporate marketing and sales operations areas as you get going in the role.
- Oversees administration of marketing automation systems and other shared marketing tools; makes strategic recommendations about the marketing tech stack used in the company.
- Defines key processes for lead generation workflows, lead scoring, data normalization, reporting, and email marketing; ensures processes are implemented consistently across teams.
- Works jointly with the sales operations team to ensure proper integration between Marketo (and other automation systems) and Salesforce.
- Manages centralized email marketing campaign calendar and meeting schedule to coordinate activities across teams and ensure customer audiences are not receiving too many emails.
- Provides strategic go-to-market experience, best practices, and training resources to demand generation teams to help them build, test, send, and monitor automation programs in Marketo.
- Serve as the primary leader in steering committee meetings relating to marketing systems and processes for the company’s business applications consolidation (BAC) initiative.
- Analyzes marketing spend, tracks and categorizes invoices, and updates budgets – recommending changes in spend patterns, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
- Evaluates and interprets data to identify trends that suggest new opportunities or challenges; uses data to set and track actionable tactics, goals, metrics, and/or KPIs.
- Helps on-board newly-acquired companies with marketing operations systems and processes.
- Leads ad hoc analyses, projects, and requests; serves as marketing operations expert to each division; is an escalation or resolution point for process and/or system issues.
- May negotiate and manage commercial agreements/relationships with vendors.
- Supports, coaches, and develops employees for functional skills and leadership competencies.
- Helps employees create tailored development and performance plans; encourages employees to own their plans and provides them with the guidance and resources they need to succeed.
- Coordinates with peers and company leaders in an agile, objective, and collaborative manner; ability to both influence and compromise; higher degrees of emotional intelligence.
If you’re experienced with – and good at – applying strategic product management and/or demand generation insights to automation systems and processes, you’ll enjoy this role. For 2019, you and the team will make improvements to the automation system configuration, define lead scoring processes, and migrate lines of business using other automation systems to Marketo. The position is ideally suited for candidates who have broad marketing and operations experience at B2B software and tech firms. The individual in this role should be decision-driven with numbers, data-driven with metrics, and date-driven with calendars. We operate in a fun, fast-paced, diverse work environment, and there are many opportunities to grow your career within the company.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience. Additional credentialing or certification in demand generation systems or product management is a plus.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Prefer 8+ years total experience, of which 5+ years spent in marketing roles. B2B technology, SaaS, and/or E-commerce experience preferred. Knowledge and understanding of K-12 education, associations, or nonprofits is a plus. Strong mix of technical, creative, problem-solving, attention-to-detail, time management, project management, and communication skills expected. Prefer experience with Salesforce and Marketo; strongly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Hubspot, Eloqua, Pardot, Asana, Wistia, and data solutions is a plus.
If you’ve been thinking about a career move this year – and the company, role, responsibilities, education, skills, and experience described are a good fit – then we invite you to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities