Aptify is now part of Community Brands.
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
Aptify is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Lead to work within the development team, ensuring that we deliver well tested software that meets the business requirements of our organization and its customers. The two most important skills an ideal candidate would possess are problem solving ability and a strong attention to detail. This position will be located in our Pune Office.
- Own and lead testing for a product/product line, including test strategy development, identifying risks.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results. Communicate with development and product teams regarding test outcomes that do not meet expected results.
- Set up test environment independently and is also able to troubleshoot environmental issues.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generate historical analysis of test results.
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Maintain database of software defects.
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Provide the stakeholders with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Participate in product planning meetings.
- Investigate bug reports from the customer support team and distinguish data or incorrect configuration issues from software defects.
- Document confirmed software bugs with detailed test cases and outcomes around multiple variables to narrow the specific scope of the defect.
We'd love to chat if you have...
- 8 - 10 years of experience in the Software Quality Assurance field.
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Exposure to and should able to understand risks contingencies and plans.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven propensity to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with CRM software systems, web content management systems, membership management systems or other association software tools.
- Technical skill set should include experience in Testcase Management tool, bug tracking tool and Microsoft Office (Excel, word, outlook).
- Strong knowledge of QA Processes and Agile methodologies.
- Should be able to lay down all the QA processes for a product.
- Scrum Master experience would be an added advantage.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.