Software Engineer UX
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,800 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
We are looking for a software engineer to focus on the Nimble AMS Product Software. The ideal candidates is responsible for development and delivery of the best possible solutions for our marketplace. A Software Engineer creates solutions that are easily understood and used by any user. A Software Engineer needs to be able to anticipate the needs of many varying users, data points and perspectives and balance the minimal viable product needed. The Software Engineer should strive to make Nimble AMS, our clients and teammates more nimble through continuous improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop software using software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Actively participates in requirements, architecture, and design meetings.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to technology project challenges.
- Create and maintain a great software architecture that enables our products to be fast, nimble and reliable.
- Help us push the envelope in ways we haven’t thought of yet.
- Stay connected to our clients and end users, including routine participation in services projects.
- Write documentation for both internal and external consumers, covering design artifacts, code, and fixes.
- Ensure our product is properly covered with unit tests by creating and maintaining the tests and testing framework.
- Share knowledge and mentor/review work of other developers.
- Ensure that design/development best practices are followed.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts using SQL and/or SOQL
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming languages such as C#, Java, Apex
- Understanding of source control systems, preferably git
- Experience developing cloud-based applications
- Good understanding of:
- UI/UX best practices Experience
- Agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience in technical leadership skills
- Ability to adjust and set work priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects
Education & Experience
B.S. in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field of study or equivalent experience is acceptable.
- Salesforce.com Platform App Builder Certified
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer I Certified
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer II Certified Experience developing for mobile devices
- Experience with Force.com along with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce APIs, and SOQL Experience with CMS, Social Networking Platforms and eCommerce platforms Knowledge about associations and nonprofits
- Knowledge in accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities