Aptify is now part of Community Brands.
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Community Brands is on a mission to be the global “Engagement Suite” behind the success of associations and non-profit organizations. To deliver on that mission, our Infrastructure Services Group needs strong technologists to configure and operate innovative, large-scale enterprise platforms and infrastructure services. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our Hosting Operations team. Working as a bridge between customers and engineering teams, Application Engineers use customer input and sales information to design or re-design, setup, test and implement complex software programs and applications. They also provide technical support and expertise to customers, troubleshoot applications, responding to customer feedback, installations, maintenance and monitoring, often documenting and reporting on customer environments. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide and manage, support, maintain availability, performance and security of the server infrastructure. This position will be located in our Pune Office.
- Provide front line communication to internal and external customers for hosting requests that require hosting partner support, including (but not limited to) server certificate installs, new site buildouts and updates, overwrites, vanity URLs requests, and other requests as needed
- Triage cases in managed hosting services queue and assign or update as needed, communicating with hosting partner and providing updates to customer
- Follow processes for case triage and updates as defined in standard operating procedures
- Ability to work across multiple teams and products
- Responsible for positive support interactions
- Responsible for reviewing and managing notifications and correspondence for multiple shared mailboxes
- Manage incoming emails from hosting partner
- Update, create, and maintain SOP and process documents as needed
- Review case backlog and update cases as needed
- Develop technical understanding of proprietary Association Management products and corresponding application knowledge
- Perform troubleshooting, testing, code deployment and custom configuration tasks
We'd love to chat if you have...
- 3+ years of Application Support and Implementation Engineering experience
- Professional experience with Microsoft technologies such as Office, Domain Controllers, OS, IIS, and remote desktop
- Basic SQL Server management and query
- Experience with Cloud hosting environments
- Use of Ticketing System Software for support requests
- Knowledge of client environment or network troubleshooting strategies
- Practical experience providing client direct Technical or Product related support over phone, email, or ticketing system
- Understanding of proper change control procedures
- Ability to analyze logs to help find solutions to client issues
- Relevant Engineering Degree or MCA or MCM Graduate with good academic grades.
Good to have…
- Experience and working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with ITIL or Microsoft Operations Framework guidelines
- Knowledge of Proper change control practices
- Familiarity with change control software
- Preformed Monitoring and Maintenance tasks for a distributed system
- Understanding of security best practices and how to protect customer data
- Worked with websites and web applications including setup and configuration
- Understanding of Firewalls or IPTables rules