Senior Database Administrator - SQL Server 2012 & Oracle
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,800 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide database tuning, monitoring database backup integrity and insuring smooth and uninterrupted operations for users.
The ideal candidate will:
Be familiar with enterprise backup and disaster recovery strategies and best practices.
- Have intimate knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and higher administration, SQL Server Reporting Services administration and Windows/SQL virtual machine performance monitoring.
- Have experience with Oracle databases 12c and higher, and system view knowledge in both PL-SQL and T-SQL.
- Have knowledge to evaluate performance of the database as it relates to the whole application stack.
- Have a customer-oriented mindset.
- Have experience implementing and maintaining availability and performance monitoring solutions.
- Responding to critical SQL related alerts.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly backups are running on schedule.
- Assist in the performance tuning of troublesome client environments.
- Diagnose issues with SQL Server Availability groups
- Archiving excess data in client systems
- Maintaining sanitation scripts when refreshing client environments.
- Assisting developers to develop highly performant queries.
- Mentoring of junior DBAs
- Assisting in the setup and maintenance of SQL Server Reporting Services
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities