Commercial Relationship Manager
Learning to develop, advise, manage and retain client relationships. Solicits new business relationships. Focuses on profitability of relationship. This is a sales and solutions focused position.
- Business development of new commercial client relationships
- Business development of current client relationships
- Develop internal relationships in order to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients from all areas of the bank
- Advises clients on financial solutions and strategies
- Manage and review client relationships
- Ability to articulate Columbia Bank's value proposition
- Building awareness of banking industry and industry specific trends
- Knowledge of other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals
- Demonstrate intermediate understanding and development of Commercial banking financial solutions
- Credit structures and solutions Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or other appropriate area preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-3+ years' Commercial banking experience or equivalent
- Ability to cross sell an increasing variety of bank products
- Proficient in building client relationships
- Handles complex relationships and interacts with outside counsel, title companies, etc.
- Proficient business development and sales skills
- Ability to manage existing portfolio
- Consultative selling skills and approach
- Working knowledge of credit structures
- Well-developed credit skills and acumen
- Basic underwriting skills
- Basic understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Ability to manage a complex workflow
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Client satisfaction
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide client solutions
- Ability to prospect new client relationships
- Working knowledge of bank products and
- Proficient in building and managing client relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a Sense of Community. We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions