Senior Credit Administrator
- Provides loan underwriting assistance to a regional unit(s) and/or within specific areas of expertise, ensuring compliance with loan policy guidelines and proper management of loan portfolio.
- Assists in achievement of the Bank’s loan growth through proper structuring of credit approvals and seeking opportunities for expanding loan accommodations in areas of responsibilities.
- Assists and provides training as needed in credit structure, analysis and loan submission procedures.
- Authorizes, declines, or recommends credit requests. Ensures that policies and procedures are administered consistently and in accordance with the Bank’s objectives and banking regulations.
- Participates in various lending committees.
- Maintains ongoing interaction with all credit-related departments to ensure conformity with established goals.
- Maintains continuous study of financial news and lending services to keep informed of economic and financial conditions affecting the lending environment.
- Supervises staff to ensure maximum productivity and contribution.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or other relevant field
- 10+ years commercial lending experience
- Very deep and demonstrated knowledge of credit analysis, loan policy guidelines and lending legal requirements.
- Very deep and demonstrated understanding of credit analysis and loan structure, including cash flow and repayment source.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective delegation skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions