CRE - Commercial Credit Analyst
- Works with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers to analyze loan needs and options available to meet client financial goals.
- Learning to conduct analysis by generating, running and utilizing system generated reports.
- Learning financial spread programs
- Learning to prepare credit presentations
- Identifies and offers products and services appropriate for the client in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Learning to analyze client personal and business financial condition
- Learning to recognize and mitigate credit and industry risks
- Learning to analyze and complete portfolio analysis
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients.
- On-going loan administration, file maintenance and collection of financials.
- Learning to ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages.
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other relevant area preferred- or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of commercial or consumer lending experience or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other relevant area
- Learning how to complete the credit presentation
- Developing a full understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
- Developing understanding of banking and credit administration environments
- Basic understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Developing knowledge of loan documentation and collateral perfection
- Learning loan origination, financial spreading, and other banking software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and process multiple projects to assure timely and accurate completion
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Building knowledge of other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions