Loan Documentation Specialist
DescriptionPrimary responsibility is to perform all functions of a Loan Documentation Specialist I together with the additional responsibilities and skills identified below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs the essential job functions of a Documentation Specialist I with some assistance and lower error ratios.
- Demonstrates broader depth of knowledge surrounding the function of various loan documents and fluency with the content of such documents.
- Ability to identify situations where systems will not accommodate the documentation request due to limitations or conflicting language in documents. Offers alternatives to accomplish the request.
- Consistently processes loans with moderately complex structures, multiple collateral types or entities.
- Ability to prepare boarding data and internal checklists for attorney prepared documents with moderate complexity.
- Support and mentor other Loan Documentation Specialists
- All other job duties as assigned.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and basic math skills.
- Minimum of one year directly related work experience preferred. Basic understanding of loan and collateral transactions.
- Basic understanding of financial information and lending regulations.
- General LaserPro application experience or other like application experience preferred.
- Strong reading comprehension and ability to understand detailed or complex matters.
- Research and problem solving capabilities with ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and ability to retain multiple forms of information.
- Adapt quickly to change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skill with internal and external clients.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment
- Prior experience in loan documentation required.
- Transferrable skills and/or equivalent banking experience in lending transactions with moderate complexity.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a desk and use multiple computer monitors for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.