Special Credits Officer
DescriptionSpecial Credit Officers are responsible for managing and monitoring deteriorating loan portfolios. This includes developing, negotiating and implementing collection strategies and action plans to maximize the bank's recovery efforts.
- Reviews incoming and existing problem loans for credit risk, documentation deficiencies and loss exposure;
- address and resolve pending issues
- Analyzes problem credits in order to formulate and implement plans for rehabilitation, workout, and/or liquidation as necessary to effect repayment
- Assists other Bank lending units and personnel regarding problem loan recognition, resolution and transfer to Special Credits for handling, if appropriate
- Reviews and approves, within workout approval limits, loan restructures, workouts or liquidation plans and credit presentations
- Administers an assigned workout portfolio of loans of all types of credits Interacts with Columbia Bank's senior and executive management, commercial loan officers, regulatory agencies, loan customers, attorneys and other professionals or agents of the Bank in the effective resolution of problem loans
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, finance, or related field Background in accounting and/or law preferred.
- 3+years in special credits experience. Prior commercial lending or branch banking lending experience
- Working knowledge of State and Federal law (including bankruptcy code), banking regulations, commercial lending and credit analysis, consumer lending and credit analysis, and GAAP
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated attentiveness to detail
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.