Business Development Officer (SBA)
DescriptionDevelops, advises and solicits new business relationships. Focuses on profitability of relationship. This is a sales and solutions focused position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Business development of new Private Banking client relationships
- Coordinate the development of internal relationships in order to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients from all areas of the bank
- Advises clients on financial solutions and strategies
- High level of awareness of banking industry and industry specific trends
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge, understanding and development of Professional banking financial solutions:
- Complex Credit structures and solutions Treasury Management and Deposit Solutions
- Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ banking experience
- Demonstrates ability to prospect new client relationships
- Proven ability to cross sell all bank products
- Expert in building client relationships
- Experience Handling complex relationships
- Expert business development and sales skills
- Consultative selling skills and approach
- Demonstrates knowledge of credit structures
- Demonstrates understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Client satisfaction
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Demonstrates ability to provide client solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of bank products and services
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.