Corporate Finance Intern
DescriptionThe Corporate Finance intern will have exposure to and responsibility for providing assistance and support for corporate projects and ongoing financial analyses. Interns will gain valuable experience with corporate level financial analysis and reporting supporting business units and senior management.
Columbia Bank is proud to offer internship opportunities to college students looking to pursue a career in banking. Our internship program provides both real world work experience as well as opportunities to serve in our local communities. Columbia Bank's community banking philosophy places the highest priority on relationship-based customer service and providing a positive work environment, while striving to make meaningful contributions to each of the communities it serves. We truly believe that our people make the difference.
The Corporate Finance intern will have exposure to and responsibility for providing assistance and support for corporate projects and ongoing financial analyses. Interns will gain valuable experience with corporate level financial analysis and reporting supporting business units and senior management.
- Analyzes financial trends
- Prepares financial system reconciliations
- Assists with the month-end and quarter-end corporate reporting process
- Completes ad hoc reports for management as needed
- Plays a key role in the FAS-91 cost analysis project
- Data input and controls supporting capital investment reporting
- Analyzes branch leases.
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Participate in training opportunities as presented
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- General understanding of data analysis as it relates to banking
- Demonstrated high level of customer service
- Currently enrolled in college or graduate level courses and pursuing a degree/advanced degree in a relevant or related field of interest
- Commit to 10+ weeks of full time work during the summer
- Must provide own living arrangements and transportation
VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment