DescriptionThis position works closely with the Assistant Manager and/or Branch Manager to attain branch and bank goals. Assists in managing a team responsible for exceptional customer service standards along with operational soundness and revenue generation. Is learning the duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as back up to personal banking team to open new accounts, receive loan requests and gather credit-related information
- Works with Branch Officer and/or Branch Manager to become proficient in the following areas:
- Ensures the branch is operationally sound.
- Ensures that the tellers are trained and competent in explaining all products and services offered.
- Monitors sales and service goals
- Processes and oversees technical tasks such as opening and closing of the branch, overdraft monitoring, wire transfers and collections, stop payments and monitoring branch controls.
- Routinely and consistently provides guidance and training to branch team.
- May require some help to resolve conflicts.
- May back up new accounts
- May back up teller line
- Ability to pass personal banking training
- Learning about satisfactory audits
- Learning about employee management and training
- Services less complex accounts
- Actively coaches and mentors team
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years retail banking experience or equivalent transferrable skills and experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Some management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any banking software used in the branch
- Training and mentoring skills
- Customer focused service and sales skills
- Understands consumer and small business lending
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Previous Teller experience
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.