Assistant Store Manager
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company which offers banking, lending, and wealth management services to our personal, business, and commercial customers. Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon with 4,000+ employees and operations across Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, upon the completion of the merger with Columbia Bank, we grow to become a leading western regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
About the Role:
Partner with the Store Manager in contributing to store profitability and growth by managing daily activities of support employees in accordance with established policies and procedures. Support store goals and coach employees in support of goal attainment by demonstrating Umpqua's core values and customer growth philosophy. Responsible for store operations when Store Manager is away
- Manages operations and sales functions of the store while Store Manager is offsite, including performing manager overrides, coaching store associates on operations and sales procedures and techniques, and providing input on associate scheduling.
- Actively partners with other business lines to identify referral opportunities. Partner consistently with other internal business partners to uncover opportunities to attract new or deepen existing client relationships.
- Implements sales and promotional programs with creativity and energy such that goals are achieved, and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for partnering with the Store Manager on the growth activity of the store (i.e., consumer, small business or both depending on market opportunity); expectation of daily/weekly growth activities to take place.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains associates in learning the skills required for their level of role and administers regular coaching and performance evaluations for support roles.
- Ensures operational efficiency, compliance and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for all aspects of store security in accordance with Umpqua Bank’s security policy.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Associate, Vocation or Technical Degree in banking, business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of banking and/or demonstrated sales experience.
- Customer service background in retail or banking.
- Demonstrated ability to grow sales by developing long-lasting, knowledge-based relationships with clients and offering customized solutions
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as handling difficult customer and associate conversations in a professional, transparent and courteous manner.
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications, other banking computer systems and related software, and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Effective training and mentoring skills.
- Consumer and small business lending origination experience, preferred.
- This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiate a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee’s assessment of the consumer’s financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO) for compensation or gain. All MLOs will be required to register as an MLO complying with the SAFE Act requirements.
- This position IS NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO, which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and therefore this position is limited to acting as a Bank MLO for open-end transactions (i.e., home equity lines of credit) only.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $21.90- $33.82, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.