DescriptionThis position is responsible for working independently and as part of a team to complete audits. This position will also perform quarterly SOX testing and may be assigned to assist with corporate audit projects. Provides timely and pertinent independent analysis to help the bank manage and control risk.
- Supports the Audit Committee of the Board and Executive Management in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities
- Works with business clients to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, compliance and control processes.
- Provides assurance over these processes by applying high quality resources (people and technology) and using a disciplined risk-based approach that is aligned with professional standards, regulatory expectations and the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- Organize, conduct and formally report on internal audit projects as assigned within budgeted time frames.
- Perform fieldwork, prepare workpapers, document risks and controls, and create observation logs and final reports.
- Effectively communicate results to management verbally and in writing.
- Recommend improvements to risk based audit programs under the audit manager’s review.
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships.
- Evaluate compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and Bank policies and procedures.
- Perform SOX internal control testing under the direction of Internal Audit Management.
- Assist other members of Internal Audit by performing research and other special projects.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent qualified discipline preferred
- 0-2+ years’ experience in an auditor related discipline preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or similar certification or working toward certification preferred.
- Requires continuing training/education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects beginning to end. Reliable self-starter.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building ability and orientation toward customer service.
- Strong risk/control evaluation skills.
- Travel up to one week at a time will be required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.