Loan Origination System Administrator
This position is part of a team that is responsible for the effective operation and ongoing maintenance of the Loan Origination System bank-wide to efficiently meet the technical and business requirements of the Bank.
- Ensure efficient and effective system compliance in the preparation and processing of consumer and commercial loans, from origination through documentation and boarding to the core system
- Serve as primary point of contact for problem resolution, prioritization, documentation, and auditing data collection
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of commercial, consumer, and residential loan processing systems and requirements
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to loan origination system to enhance process efficiencies and effectiveness, as well as meet compliance requirements
- Work closely with functional areas to facilitate system implementation, as well as support managing new applications, releases, and upgrades to internal customers
- In conjunction with system vendor, facilitate application configuration, design, development, and workflow process to maximize functionality and efficiency
- Ensure loan origination system issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner. Effectively communicate escalation of problems and documentation issues
- Provide system reports to management as required, supporting data collection and defining reporting criteria as requested
- Coordinate implementation and upgrade release testing efforts, including but not limited to creation of test plans, test documentation, and overall testing requirements
- Accountable for loan origination system related project deadlines and schedules as assigned
- Receive input from internal clients and appropriately and accurately incorporate their comments and feedback to ensure a high level of customer service
- Monitor and manage level of service provided to internal clients, reporting to management monthly on the results achieved. Take corrective action when acceptable levels are not achieved. Communicate statistics and prepare management reports as specified
- Manage resources and allocate tasks as appropriate
- Assume additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED
- At least five (5) years of experience processing consumer and commercial loans
- Two (2) years of loan origination system experience in a comparable field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and loan origination technologies
- Proficient knowledge of and compliance with federal and state banking laws and regulations, GAAP, commercial and consumer loan documentation requirements, and Columbia Bank policies
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high volume environment while maintaining high energy and an enthusiastic approach to a broad range of customer needs
- Demonstrated effective time management skills
- Flexibility and adeptness to changing priorities and tasks
- Ability to lead, empower, coach, and mentor staff to their fullest potential
- Effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Proficient business math and computational skills
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a Sense of Community. We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions