Loan Operations Manager
DescriptionThis position is accountable for overseeing the management of a Loan Operations department including delivery, process and business operations for all monetary activities in the department. Works with the supervisory team to meet strategic goals and objectives in the department. This position will direct the supervision of centralized staff responsible for various ongoing Loan Operations related functions including loan document preparation, loan boarding and loan servicing.
- Manages the daily operations of a Loan Operations Department, providing direction to supervisory team in assessing department workflow to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all loan documentation and loan servicing provided for the benefit of branches and lending units.
- Monitor and manage level of service provided to lending units.
- Manage within very tight deadlines and negotiate deliverables from many departments.
- Operate as a subject matter expert regarding Loan Operations processes, providing an escalation point for issue resolution
- Maintain thorough knowledge of commercial and consumer loan processing systems and requirements working closely with Loan Operations supervisory teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on required loan compliance regulations and develop and implement current regulatory requirements into the Bank’s Loan Operational procedures.
- Manage effective internal client relationships to provide a high level of service based on a culture of quality, timely, innovative and flexible service focused on meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Exercise consistent judgment and discretion with work directly related to the general operations of the business.
- Establish clear guidelines and procedures to ensure process adherence to financial controls and policies.
- Helps to research, analyze and implement business process alternatives relating to Loan Operations functions involving document preparation and loan servicing.
- Ensure quality control of products and services through effective management and practice of Columbia Bank loan policy and procedures.
- Provide a positive work environment to invite staff participation and contribution to the development of a high level of service quality.
- Coach, mentor and raise the level of talent throughout the department.
- Initiate and maintain effective cost controls and budgetary reporting.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum 7+ years of related management experience
- This individual must be extremely detail oriented, self-disciplined and able to manage a large number of staff with varying degrees of knowledge and expertise.
- Knowledge of commercial and consumer loan documentation requirements, state and federal regulations, and bank policies and procedures.
- Leader with a track record of mentoring and coaching, and a demonstrated ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Skilled at organizing and leading projects and initiatives; comfortable working under pressure in a changing environment to meet varying deadlines, working independently and collectively within a diverse team environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of loan processing, risk management, collateral monitoring and lending compliance.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions