International Banking Support Specialist
DescriptionIn this role, you will process International Trade Services transactions and activities and provide technical assistance to the International Banking division.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process a wide range of International Trade Services transactions under guidance of the International Banking Operations manager.
- Responsible for liability and risk management, compliance, quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Provide control over workflow, prioritization and operational problem-solving.
- Examine applications for import and standby letters of credit and amendments approved by lending officers and ensures information is complete and in compliance with worldwide trade regulations.
- Provide technical assistance to customers, staff, colleagues, and other Bank personnel regarding all aspects of International Services.
- Countersign on all documentary credits, along with Operations Manager, to signify product meets proper risk standards.
- Control customer liability according to credit approvals and supervises customer trade finance documentation requirements.
- Supervise and approves the issuance of all Standby Letters of Credit.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 7 years of relevant International Banking operations experience required
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem-solving skills, sales skills, and credit and credit quality skills.
- Proven track record of success and demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: import/export documentation, import issuance, export advising/confirming, standby issuance documentation, letters of credit collateral, and bankers’ acceptances procedures.
- Working knowledge of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) regulations required for Letters of Credit and Documentary Collections.
- Knowledge of commercial and international lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships including correspondent and foreign banks and US Customs Brokers and freight forwarders.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The annualized range for this role is $25.53 - $37.50 and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.