DescriptionThis position works closely with the Assistant Manager and/or Branch Manager to attain branch and bank goals. Assists in managing a team responsible for exceptional customer service standards along with operational soundness and revenue generation. Is learning the duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Manager.
- Acts as back up to personal banking team to open new accounts, receive loan requests and gather credit-related information
- Works with Branch Officer and/or Branch Manager to become proficient in the following areas:
- Ensures the branch is operationally sound.
- Ensures that the tellers are trained and competent in explaining all products and services offered.
- Monitors sales and service goals
- Processes and oversees technical tasks such as opening and closing of the branch, overdraft monitoring, wire transfers and collections, stop payments and monitoring branch controls.
- Routinely and consistently provides guidance and training to branch team.
- May require some help to resolve conflicts.
- May back up new accounts
- May back up teller line
- Ability to pass personal banking training
- Learning about satisfactory audits
- Learning about employee management and training
- Services less complex accounts
- Actively coaches and mentors team
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years retail banking experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Some management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any banking software used in the branch
- Training and mentoring skills
- Customer focused service and sales skills
- Understands consumer and small business lending
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Previous Teller experience
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions