Deposit Account Analyst II
DescriptionResponsible for preparing careful, detailed analysis of the complex deposit account requests, identify areas/level of risk, set and communicate conditions and requirements, provides alternative solutions and guidance, provides and reviews complex deposit account documents. Boards all accounts into the core system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilizes knowledge of complex business entities to advise/assist Bankers and Relationship Officers for new or existing complex deposit accounts.
- Provides detailed analysis for complex account relationships to ensure appropriate documentation to support the account relationship has been obtained.
- Communicate complex account opening requirements to manager level and above with the Retail, Commercial, and Treasury Management business lines.
- Prepares documents for complex deposit accounts within system including but not limited to the following accounts
- Master/Multi Signer Signature Cards-New and Grandfathered
- Nested Entities-Definition; Business accounts that have businesses nested into the relationship
- Tribal Account Relationships
- Property Management
- Joint Ventures
- IRA and HAS’s
- Inputs accounts on the system.
- Verifies input accuracy.
- Investigates and resolves all but the most complex deposit account document questions.
- Validates accuracy of existing account set ups in the system
- Verifies supporting account documentation to comply with regulatory requirements and bank policy and procedure
- Ensures that the documents requested comply with bank policy and that document packages are complete to minimize the risk of loss to the bank.
- Assist branches with process and procedural information according to Standard Operating Procedures and Training manuals and provide expert guidance on complex inquiries
- Assist branches with questions regarding account opening and maintenance
- Escalation point for Retail Branches, which includes compiling data and formulating recommendations for review by Retail Administration Leadership.
- Escalation and/or approval point for BSA
- Provides back up to Branch Support to create document sets for complex clients
- Provides back up to Bank Operations Support
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2+ years’ experience Personal Banking or 2 years Branch Support or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in account documentation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and process multiple document requests to assure timely and accurate completion
- Strong research and problem solving capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business, non-profit, tribal, and municipal, entity structures
- Strong working knowledge of banking operations practices, principles, applications, methods, policies, and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including communications at all management levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Business Process Manager and Precision
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action and set priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.