This position is responsible for working independently and as part of a team to complete the retail audit program scheduled audits as well as annual SOX testing activities. This position may assist with, or conduct, corporate audit projects as well. The role is responsible for providing timely and pertinent independent analysis to help the Bank manage and control risk.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts assurance activities for retail and corporate audits, such as:
- Documenting risks and controls
- Performing fieldwork
- Preparing workpapers
- Creating observation logs
- Drafting audit reports
- Performs SOX internal control testing under the direction of Internal Audit Management.
- Obtains a fundamental knowledge of foundational audit techniques and uses a disciplined risk-based approach that is aligned with professional standards, regulatory expectations and the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- Evaluates compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and Bank policies and procedures.
- Employs sound time management techniques in order to achieve audit objectives within budgeted timeframes.
- Effectively communicates results to management verbally and in writing.
- Builds and maintain effective professional relationships within the audit department as well as throughout the Bank.
- May assist other members of Internal Audit by performing research and other special projects.
- Supports the Audit Committee of the Board and Executive Management in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities through the daily execution of assigned audit work.
- Works with business clients to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, compliance and control processes.
- Recommend improvements to risk based audit programs under the audit manager’s review.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 0-2+ years’ experience in an audit related discipline preferred.
- Continuing training/education is required for this role.
- Able to work autonomously at times.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building ability and orientation toward customer service.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, complying with the Bank’s Code of Ethics.
- Less than 10% travel. Travel up to one week at a time may be required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.