Commercial Real Estate Closer
DescriptionFacilitate processing, documenting and closing commercial real estate loans. Closer is to ensure the quality, completeness and accuracy of loan documents verifying compliance with conditions of approval, appropriate regulations, insurance, and third party requirements, as applicable, prior to dispersing loan proceeds.
- Order title, project review and other third party reports as appropriate. Prepare escrow, title and recording instructions. Prepare closing checklists, based on Credit Presentation. Process deposits; receive and send wire transfers. Review title reports and exception documents, entity documentation, UCC financing statements, and insurance documents.
- Facilitate communication with outside counsel.
- Coordinate document and funding requests and check for accuracy.
- Work daily with loan customers via telephone and email and in person.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Title and escrow experience preferred.
- Loan Documentation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of title, escrow and loan documentation preparation required.
- Detail oriented, ability to effectively multi-task and maintain high level of organization.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and loan accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate industry.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.