DescriptionThis position works closely with the Branch Manager to attain branch/bank established goals. Manages a team responsible for providing an exceptional client experience encompassing all financial services provided.
- Routinely and consistently provides guidance and training to branch team.
- Resolves conflicts unassisted
- May back up new accounts
- Services complex accounts often
- Actively coaches and mentors team to deepen client relations
- Regularly engaging in business development independently
- May support the cultivation and maintenance of the Branch managers relationship portfolio
- Develop team members in all areas of career development
- Skillfully handle customer complaints and concerns with the outcome goal being enhanced client relations
- Interviews, hires, and terminates employees with established policies and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service by offering immediate acknowledgement and responding to customer inquiries, must follow through in a timely manner.
- Prepare, process and close loans through the DLC & SBLC
- Maintains operational integrity of the bank branch including: opening and closing the branch, operational audits, security, wire transfers, and monitoring branch controls.
- Participates in meeting or exceeding monthly sales and client experience goals.
- Participate in community events-may be outside of normal working hours.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Columbia Bank culture.
- May assist the Branch Manager in annual budgeting, as well as monitoring progress to budget.
- May actively manage a loan portfolio
- Handles duties assigned to the Branch Manager without direction as needed.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience managing or training in a retail/commercial banking is a plus.
- Coaching or management of individuals in a metrics driven consultative sales environment.
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Comprehensive retail banking experience is a plus
- management/supervisory experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any banking software used in the branch
- Exceptional customer focused sales and service skills
- Proficient in consumer and small business lending
- Works well independently
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures
- Team leadership
- Has skills to engage in business development
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in all functions required as Branch management
- Demonstrates high level of engagement in the operation of the branch
- Ability to multi-task
- NMLS certified
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment